Listening to
Name by the Goo Goo Dolls when I noticed the verse -
"Scars are souvenirs you never lose," and I started thinking about my most recent physical scars. Let's be
real. If you're a mom or soon-to-be-mom, you may
notice your body doesn't look exactly like it used to. Unless of course you are the
exception to the rule that every woman secretly envies and your body returned perfectly to it's original state - girl, you defy gravity (on more than one level!) But even if you're a woman thinking about future motherhood, you may realize your body could eventually
change. This reality is like a
large pill, difficult to swallow, especially when none of your clothes fit you the same and the image in the mirror isn't the reflection you're used to seeing, but it's not any
less attractive, nor is it the end of the world. For real.
I'm not saying we shouldn't exercise or stay fit, but your
mom body doesn't mean you are any less gorgeous than the you before any noticeable or less obvious changes. There are
SO many products and surgeries
aimed at getting moms back to their
pre-mom self. Why? And please do not say "for my man." Because if he,
at any point, makes you feel fat, or scarred, or less appealing, or not sexy, or boring - from the
bottom of my heart, I'd like to punch him...
hard. Just stop to think about the
little person who has the
most personal contact with you. They never knew your pre-mom self, in fact, the body with stretch marks and all the other fun motherhood side-effects is the
ONLY body of yours they know and
love. All I have to say is if we are capable of receiving
little heart melting grins like these, then mama bodies must be
pretty darn beautiful.
:: victoria marie
3 comments:
So true. But I do think it's frustrating though. My body has changed just after getting married and I have not had a baby. Marriage/school stress have made me gain 15 pounds and my hips have gotten wider. My Express and Anne Klein 00xs dress pants are super tight, my pants don't fit the same. I'm having to take them to a seamstress to unstitch the inner hem to widen them at the hip. I just hate that I have clothes that are brand new bc I wore them so little and now they don't fit!! I just can't get a handle over that. So imagine, I'm super scared the day that I have kids. I'm going to have to live at the gym. Right now I'm starting to do a little exercise and to not eat at night (which is what I did before I was married) to try to get back to my 90 pounds pre-wedding. Fluctuating between 102 and 105 is really frustrating for me because I'm reeeally petite, so it may not seem like a lot, buy with my height to weight ratio I have to be really careful and cannot afford to gain weight. :(((((( But anyways, I love your blog. It's so true and honest to life.
booboo, shes so pretty and so are you..
i know im not a mom yet but you look damn good for a mommy.
i started a new blog and it has a blog button tutorial. Make a button and I'll put it on my blog! Love you soo much!
the blog is called: itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com
you're amazing.
Post a Comment