Just heard about one of the smallest - most courageous - little warriors of baby girl's generation, Ruby Jane. After having liver failure at the age of 3 months, she lost her battle at 7 months old. Ughh, I can't help but cry as I type this. My heart aches for Ruby Jane's family today.
Baby girl was fussy going down for her last nap and rather than getting frustrated, I laid with her and held her as I kissed every inch of that sweet little face of hers and thanked God for her precious life. We can never do that enough. We take so much for granted. From the touch of her sweet hands on our face, to her cute facial expressions, to her excitement when we dance her around the room, to her oohs-and-ahhs when she tries to tell us what she's thinking, to her giggles when we tickle her, to her little rasberries when she's fighting her nap, along with her kisses that eat your whole face, to her most perfectly innocent love. There's nothing like the love of a child. Absolutely nothing.
Ruby Jane is a reminder of the tiniest warriors among us and all their brave, brave, families enduring so much for the sake of their smallest loves. I humbly ask you today for your prayers for Ruby Jane's family, as well as all the other families who have sick babies and children. And tonight Joseph, myself, and sweet baby girl are going to have extra long prayer time for Ruby Jane while thanking God over, and over, and over again for all the blessings we have.
If you feel motivated, here is Ruby Jane's donation website along with the link to St. Jude to help those families with sick little ones. My heart and prayers are with all of you tonight.
::
No comments:
Post a Comment