Tuesday, August 2, 2011

available.


Baby girl's needed a lot of extra love lately, teething is no fun. We wish we could take her pain away, but realize it's all part of life. Sometimes growing and changing, even when for the best, can still sting a little.

Reality check for us - this is the first of tough aches and pains, bruises and bumps, growth spurts and stretches for this beautiful baby girl. Not exciting. As precious as she looks with her pouty face, her hurting isn't cute. We can't control her pain or make it stop, we can only be there for her - available to hold her extra tight, kiss her all-the-more, and cuddle her to sleep...but that's pretty much where the buck stops.

My mom may remember my first heartbreak as vividly as I do. She hated that I felt so broken, but she did the little she could to ensure I knew she was there. Although it may not have been much, knowing she was available for girls night out or a trip to the mall made all the difference.

Granted, baby girl's not sixteen with a broken heart, but she is hurting in her own little way and there's not much we can do but be available, with all the extra love we have to give.

Here's to being available for the people we love, family & friends. Because the peace for baby girl tonight was knowing we were there, right by her side. Sometimes the comfort in pain is simply knowing someone is there, someone is listening, and someone is available.

:: victoria marie

3 comments:

MrsCab said...

favorite post so far.

itslissy said...

it's almost as nice to be available for someone you love as to have them be there for you, isn't it? goodluck to baby girl during the struggles of teething! :)

Anonymous said...

Tonight's definitely one of those times for me when I wish I had the kind of relationship with my mom where I could just call her to come over and just rest my head in her lap. Maybe in my next life I'll have better luck...I hope baby girl's teething pains go away soon so she can get back to her cutesy, smiley, cuddly self. :)